Site Usage and Content Posting
1. You will not post content or take any action on chess-db.com that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on chess-db.com if we believe that it violates this Terms of Service.
3. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
4. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, except with our prior written permission.
6. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on chess-db.com.
7. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access chess-db.com, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
8. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
9. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
10. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
11. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
12. You will not use chess-db.com to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
13. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of chess-db.com, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other chess-db.com functionality.
14. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Terms of Service.
15. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post or send us by e-mail in connection with chess-db.com (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your post or content, or you e-mail us that you no longer want that we use specific content previously send by you to us.
Special Intellectual Property Terms for the Chess-DB photo gallery
a) Pictures depicting identifiable persons may not be used for pornographic, unlawful or other immoral purposes, or in a way that can give a bad name to people, or to imply endorsement of products and services by those persons, brands, organisations, etc.
b) Since Chess-DB does not require a written Model Release for each picture that shows identifiable people, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use the content for any purpose you like.
c) Certain pictures may be subject to additional copyrights, property rights, trademarks etc. and may require the consent of a third party or the license of these rights. Chess-DB does not represent or make any warranties that it owns or licenses any of the mentioned, nor does it grant them.
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Chess-DB.com, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Chess-DB.com and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Chess-DB.com. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Chess-DB.com. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Chess-DB.com.
3. WE TRY TO KEEP CHESS-DB.COM UP, ERROR-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING CHESS-DB.COM AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT CHESS-DB.COM WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT CHESS-DB.COM WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. CHESS-DB.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR CHESS-DB.COM, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR CHESS-DB.COM WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, CHESS-DB.COM'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
2. If any portion of this Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Terms of Service, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
5. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Terms to anyone else without our consent.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. Nothing in this Terms of Service shall prevent us from complying with the law.
8. This Terms of Service does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
9. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
10. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Chess-db.com.